Did you get a new camera recently and have no clue what to do with it? Have you had a DSLR for a while and always end up frustrated that your images are not turning out how you expected? This blog post is specifically dedicated to you! If you have a DSLR camera but are still shooting in Auto mode, you’re not getting the most out of your camera. Let’s face it – you have a potentially great (and slightly expensive) camera, but you’re using it like it’s a “point and shoot.” This is the time to learn to shoot in manual mode so you can capture those amazing photos of your family, friends, and travels!
What You Will Learn in My Introduction to the DSLR Class:
Introduction to your Gear:
• What do all the buttons on your camera mean?
• My gear recommendations for new photographers
Getting off Auto:
• ISO, aperture & shutter speed
Taking better Photos:
• Learning to see and use light
What you Need:
• A DSLR camera body and lens
• Three of your own unedited pictures
• A notebook and pen
Why Should You Learn From Me:
• I’m a professional photographer who has made a living using my skills to capture families, couples and events.
• Although you can most certainly self-teach this topic with the information on Youtube and Pinterest, it will take you hours upon hours of studying and (from my experience) can cause a lot of frustration. Let me break it all down into layman’s terms. No complex topics you’re not ready to understand yet. We’ll make it fun so you learn the basics quickly and easily and see immediate growth in your photos. Once you have the basics down, sign up for the next level where we can dive into the technicalities.
• I’ve mentored professional and amateur photographers who have seen a huge growth in their skill set.
• I have learning materials to compliment instruction including worksheets to take home.
• You’ll have access to unlimited email correspondence for 1 month after your lesson so you can ask questions and send me photos for critique.
So, who’s in?
I will be offering a group class at 10am on Saturday, May 4th in downtown Fredericksburg. Future dates to be announced via facebook.
Private classes: $249
Small Group classes: $99
*This introductory course is meant to help you get started using your camera properly. If you are looking for something more in depth ask me about my personalized 4 week intensive mentoring.*
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to set up a date and time!